26 Dec 2016

Allnightlong @ Moog Club 24th Aug 2016 - John Talabot


Earlier this year I posted the MCDE v Jeremy Underground 5 hour extravaganza having only listened to a couple of hours of it, perhaps naively putting off listening to it all in one go til a later date. That still hasn't happened, however I have listened to all of it broken up in 1 and a half to 2 hour blocks. Perhaps its just the nature of the type of music in that mix that it doesn't translate well for extended periods. Well today I've got another 5 hour set for your lucky ears to latch onto, and dare I say, it is a much better fit for the 5 hour mix format (if that is even a thing) than the MCDE v JU mix.
I remember the first time I heard John Talabot's DJ Kicks mix, and thinking to myself that it was the first I'd heard a DJ mix that matched the feel and craft of a live set recorded with a whole studio full of gear. All songs are expertly mixed, forming one of the richest musical journeys I can remember hearing for a very long time. Reminiscent of that German slow deep house/tech vibe, this one is perfect for long reading sessions, or a gentle stroll down Boogie Blvd on a Sunday arvo.